I’m gonna go into detail about our newest project now. It’s called Metanet Hunter Battle. Since a new version of the framework we use came out recently, and since I really wanted a more dynamic system for the game, I did a total recode of the old Metanet Hunter Battle. We’re also giving Shaun Williams a break from the old game, because quite frankly, he deserves it.
Instead, I’m making Stephen Gygi take the wheel on the new Metanet Hunter Battle. This time, it’s going to follow some more modern design practices, and yet again, I’ve done a total recode on the Metanet Hunter Engine.
What’s new? Or… What can I brag about?
- It’s more component-based. Meaning, there’s some easier to work with code, and it takes less effort to create more beautiful objects.
- There’s a new Dynamic Armor System, which means adding armors to the game isn’t as big of a pain in the ass any more.
- Unlike Metanet Hunter 2, this engine supports HD GRAPHICS!
- The game’s gonna be resolution independent, meaning it’ll look great on anything. Hopefully.
- I’m most likely going to release this game to mobile devices if it’s plausible, and maybe in the future, it’ll get an OUYA release.
- Binary Cocoa is also helping out with this game, so hopefully expect a Greenlight release or a Humble Store release. I really want the new game to be out to as many people as possible, that way as many people as possible actually play it.
- I’m going to be including multiplayer elements in the new game.
Those are just some of the new features and things to brag about that are coming.
Now you’re probably wondering what the new game looks like. Well, here it is:
What can you expect out of the new game?
- As you can tell, glorious HD!
- A much more arcade-influenced, replay-focused game. Replay value is gonna be something you’ll be drooling out upon playing this title, since there’ll be tons to unlock, tons to do, and tons of fun.
- Many more Armors! Metanet Hunter 2 had the Ninja’s Armor, and the Soap Armor. This game has all sorts of Armors. You can get some from Sacrifice Rooms, some from killing bosses, some found during Roam Mode, and the list goes on. Hopefully, there’ll be at least 20 Armors in the first version of the game, if not more.
- Much more amazing boss fights! Metanet Hunter 2 had some pretty neat boss battles, but with the new engine, we can make the battles even better! This game also features… Legendary Bosses! Find that boss too boring? Well, in the higher Rounds, you might encounter a legendary version of that Boss! And trust us, it’ll change the way you fight that monster.
- Did you just read “Rounds?” Yes, you did! The game focuses on a Round-based system, which means the game gets harder as you go! As the rounds get higher, the risk gets higher. However, the rewards also get higher!
- Multiplayer! We’re gonna be supporting local multiplayer in the first release, so you can definitely play it with your friends!
And that’s only a taste of things to come. Like we mentioned before, this is one of the bigger projects we’ve got planned, and you’ll hopefully get this game by the beginning of May. I can assure you that there’s more than 35 reasons to be excited to battle.